Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Floored

We're finally getting rid of most of the carpet in our house. I personally don't like carpet. It's really hard to keep clean when you've got 3 dogs, an 18-month-old, and a husband.
The dogs like to eat strange things outside and then cannot properly digest them, and then I have to clean weird brown stains off carpet. And dogs shed. Lots. Even the ones with short hair.
Toddlers spill things. Lots.
The LT is actually fairly good about carpets. He doesn't throw up on them or spill his sippy cup all over. But he also hates cleaning up weird brown stains.
So we're ripping up all the carpet and putting down laminate. And by we, I mean he. I'll help pull up staples and carpet tacks and vacuum up dust and dog hair. But he's installing the flooring. He even watched the video this morning.
I'm actually pretty sure it'll turn out great. The LT is extremely anal and not afraid to call his dad for help, so while it might take awhile, it'll be completely great when it's done.

Also, thanks to MJ of Note to Self for the mention of little ol' me on her blogroll.

2 comments:

  1. Its soo nice to have a Handy, yet somewhat anal husband right? My Bf is a builder too..

    It saves us major $ when things break, or i get sick of the color of the walls :)

    Hope you enjoy the new floor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love DBF for being handy around the house. I haven't had to pay someone for an oil change or plumbing problems for close to five years now.

    ReplyDelete