Monday, September 13, 2010

Every New Beginning...

...comes from some other beginning's end.

My divorce was final last Friday. It was completely anti-climactic. I did not feel any different. I'm keeping my last name. The girls' visit schedule was not altered. I now get a check each month for the next 36 months for "spousal support." That's what they're calling alimony these days.

God has definitely worked this painful episode for good. How else could my twinges of discomfort about the church we had been attending be alleviated? How else could Claire be able to grow up alongside Alair? How else could Natalie grow up alongside Carly? Would both girls have had as much exposure to music as they will with Aunt Emmy banging the piano for them and Mommy in the Cannon Valley Lutheran High School band?

It's been tough, being the "tough one." But God has really strengthened my faith in knowing that He works everything for His good and does give me everything I need, just when I need it.

Okay, and yeah, Band. I am THE flute in the CVLHS band. I have no lip left and no breath, considering I haven't played an instrument in nearly 10 years, and I haven't played the flute in over 13 years. But it's coming back, and I'm having a lot of fun.

I am still baking bread. I haven't bought a loaf of bread in a couple of months, since we're not eating as much of it. The girls don't eat lunch at home during the week obviously, so I can keep up with our needs by baking about once a week.

I am in the middle of making my jean quilt. I've got nearly enough squares cut to start sewing, and I can't wait!

I will be buying my nook this week, as my reward to myself. I am looking forward to reading Dante's Inferno with the senior English class, on it. I am in the middle of three books and am waiting for my dad to build me another bookcase, as the ones that were built in at my house are overflowing.

Ahhh, life. It's really quite good, divorced or not.

1 comment:

  1. i couldn't agree with you more. honestly. every word. you are back to being "aubrey" again, and pursuing things that make you, you. can't WAIT to be nearby to you claire & natalie:)and andy agrees

    ReplyDelete