Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Family

We ate supper at the Pizza Ranch last night and got a few groceries at Wal-Mart. On our way home I was telling the girls all the stuff we had to do before bedtime. We needed to let Brinkley out and feed her, make the beds since I washed all the sheets that morning, have a bath, and read stories. I told Claire and Natalie that I would really need their help in order to get everything done.
"Because it will get things done faster," I told them.
Claire then said, "And it will make us more friends and happy."
I said, "Yes, that's right. Did you learn that at day care?" (All of the kids at the day care are expected to help out with cleanup and things like that.)
"No, I just...God let me know that. God put that in my mind."
I told her, "Well, let's thank God for letting you know such smart things."
We said a little prayer.
Then Claire said, "And it will make us a family."
"Well," I said, "we're already a family. That's not going to change. All of us helping will make us a happier family."
We got home and Claire fed Brinkley (one of her favorite special jobs) and then we all made the beds. Claire and Natalie were more of a hindrance than a help with making my bed, but we had baths, a snack, and stories, and we were a happy family last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment