Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Long Week

Claire and Natalie are on vacation with their dad and his family this week. I dropped them off on Saturday morning and will pick them up this coming Saturday at suppertime. To say the house is quiet this week is to say that A begins the alphabet. I'm sleeping poorly and having one-sided conversations with my dog Brinkley, who is no doubt wondering where the girls are but enjoying the one-on-one time.
I have been keeping busy, though. Mom gave me a lecture about moping around all week and then being mad at myself for not doing anything during my daughter-free week. So on Saturday, I spent the afternoon with my two blonde, blue-eyed, science major college roommates named Bridget, their husbands, and one of the Bridget's daughter, who is Natalie's age. We had a lot of fun looking at the other Bridget's cows and catching up on each other's lives.
Sunday was church and brunch. I had planned to finish an embroidery project, but instead Andy and Christine were there with my 2-month-old nephew Brandon, and I got to hold him quite a bit. I went home after supper and did dishes, folded laundry, and cut up a couple of pounds of green beans and froze them.
Monday I had a busy day at work, then I went home to start on the child-sized boppy pillows I'm making for Natalie, Evelyn, and Carly. Since I don't have a pattern, I have to draw the shape out free-hand. I got one put together and will take it for a couple of other opinions before I finish the rest. So for the rest of Monday night, I watched 4 episodes of Lost from my current DVD off Netflix while finishing the embroidery project.
Today I framed the embroidery before coming to work. This afternoon I'm going to Mankato to do a bit of shopping, buy the supplies I need for painting my bathroom (the one project I've deliberately been saving for the girls' vacation week), and probably seeing the last Harry Potter movie again.
I have several other projects to accomplish this week, but I mainly want to get the bathroom painted because that will be significantly easier doing it alone than having Claire and Natalie help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment