Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A few things I've learned this week

1.Okay, peanut butter doesn't always cure hiccups.
Cee had a good case of them last night. I gave her PB twice, but she likes to hoard food in her mouth, so the effort was completely wasted. I sang to her as we rocked to sleep and that knocked her (and her hiccups) out.
2. Younger brothers can make really good relationship decisions.
We met my brother's fiancee's family this weekend. Cee and I had gone down to see the folks for a few days. It was my little sister's 3rd birthday too. My brother is 21 and getting married to a girl who's a few years older next August. The LT and I, and maybe Cee, are all in this ginormous wedding. It's going to be a hoot. Especially if my married sister and I are pregnant or have newborns at the time. Anyway I got to see my brother and his fiancee together and they are really great. It's kind of weird seeing a girl look at your brother with total love and devotion, especially since I changed his diapers and gave him baths and bottles, but it was really great too.
3. I can't remember what else I've learned, but there's probably a ton. Mothering a toddler is good for learning, even if you can't always remember what you've learned.

1 comment:

  1. its so nice seeing people you care about in love! yay!

    ReplyDelete