Monday, January 2, 2012

Just a Couple of Resolutions

So apart from the obvious, cliched resolutions to exercise, lose weight, and save more money (all of which I do hope to accomplish this year), here are my resolutions for 2012:
* Read all the books on my TBR (to be read) shelf. I have about 48 books on this shelf. This is just books in paper edition. I don't really want to think about all the books that are TBR that are on my Nook. That will be a resolution for another year.
* Make at least one new recipe each week. Once upon a time in my former life, this would not have been a resolution. Because it was a rare week that I didn't use several new recipes. But now, that I'm cooking for just myself and the girls, I tend to go with tried-and-true. I will still have much that is tried-and-true this year, but maybe I can try out all the new recipes I've been printing off, and all the cookbooks to be tested.
* I would also like to stay more on top of my housekeeping tasks, like getting laundry folded and put away more quickly, and not letting dishes stack up too often. But if these fall by the wayside, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment