Friday, April 6, 2012

Soundbytes by Natalie

Recently heard in our house, by my younger daughter...

"Mama, I wanna Skeep (Skype) Daddy"

"Uno, dos, watcho, cinco, joes."

"Mama, I need a yidda help."

"Mama, I thirsty." "Well, we're having supper shortly, and you can have some milk then." "But my foots are freezing!"

The girls watch Dora and Diego when they're visiting their father, and they like to show off their Spanish speaking. This morning, they were arguing over which of them was "arriba" and which was "abajo." (Forgive me my terrible Spanish, if those are wrong. The extent of my Spanish ability, despite 3 years in high school and college, consists of being able to count and the word "peligro" which anyone who watched Sesame Street in the early 80s can tell you means "danger.")

No comments:

Post a Comment