Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Life Right Now


Claire was busily sorting out the birth order among myself and my siblings. "Okay, Mom, you're the oldest. And Emily is the...medium-est. And Allison is...a little medium. Who's next? Oh, Andy. He's...um...medium-smallish. And Erik's smallish-medium. And Alair's the smallest."
Claire, Natalie, Alair, and Evelyn received a stern talking-to (which is to say, shrieking-at) about the dangers of crossing the road at Mom & Dad's house. Since the weather's nice, they were all playing outside before supper last night. And naturally, where's the ball going to go? ACROSS THE ROAD. So the two little ones start trucking their merry selves to retrieve it. The two big ones come running to the house to get a grownup. I informed them all (loudly) about how to handle this situation in the future. DON'T CROSS THE ROAD WITHOUT A GROWNUP.
I did something (unknown what) to my foot on Sunday and now I'm wearing running shoes for the best support, even to work with my nice khakis. I'm limping and just wishing I could go a couple days without some sort of injury incapacitating me. In the last month I've boiled my hand, yanked a muscle in my back while bowling, and now this.
Maybe I'm just getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment