Friday, June 17, 2011

Thoughts for Friday

1. I could really get used to this 4-day work week, 3-day weekend schedule. I'm working shorter hours this summer, and Claire and Natalie are totally enjoying having me around more :). We've done a lot more activities just around the house since summer started. It gets really hot up in their room in the summer time, so sleepouts on the sunporch are very common. I spread out an old sleeping bag, cover it with an old sheet, and voila! A comfy, cool bed for them.
2. I am enjoying Claire's memory work probably just as much as she is. It's good for my brain to have to remember her verses as well as she can! I'm also hoping Natalie is absorbing some of the memory work, too. Not necessarily each verse, but the idea of learning from the Bible. I've always wished I knew more Bible verses, so I guess we're all learning together!
3. Last weekend most of my high school friends got together for our 2nd annual girls' weekend. I wonder if we'll still call it a "girls' weekend" when we're all grandmothers? It speaks well of our friendship that we can go a year without being together and still pick up our friendship as though no time has passed. I think I'll try to get in touch with my girlfriends more often this year.
4. Can we please be done with Anthony Weiner jokes? The whole thing is icky.
5. I have learned so much in my first year as a school secretary. Cannon Valley is starting some online classes this year, and among them are religion classes. I've asked if I can test-drive those and see what they're like. I've never had any religion classes, except Sunday School and confirmation class, and I've learned this year that I've got an awful lot to learn. So I'll be able to learn some more this fall.
6. My dog's tail drives me nuts. It's like a fur-covered bullwhip. I'm surprised it hasn't drawn blood yet. Although, the day after my family and I got back from our vacation to the Black Hills, Brinkley (who had stayed at Mom & Dad's house) got some sort of injury at the tip of her tail and it was bleeding. Brinkley's tail rarely stops moving when she's awake, plus she was happy to see us after 4 days. So we have to hope that no one shines a blacklight around Mom & Dad's house, because Brinkley wagged blood until we noticed and I shoved her back in the kennel.

No comments:

Post a Comment